Sunday, June 29, 2008

Todd made it to "the river"

Todd emailed me this morning. He made it just fine to the river. His cell phone doesn't work there. But he does have access to a computer to email me so that works out fine. He said he got caught in a monsoon-type rain while on the boat-ride to the orphanage. Apparently, he and everyone else on the boat, were completely soaked. I had to laugh when I heard that.

Todd says that the Hotel Backpackers is a very nice place to stay. He said that it is rustic, but very clean and it is peaceful there. He said he would recommend it to anyone who really wants to see Guatemala because it is beautiful!!

Yesterday, he visited the childrens village ("the casa") and said that it is very nice. It too, is rustic, but clean and organized. He said they have voluteers there that do a great job.

He said Matthew is well. He said that Matthew can take a shower by himself! I am impressed what a mature little man I have. God knows, I wouldn't allow Patrick or Jillian to shower alone because the entire bathroom would be a waterpark.

Today, Todd will go to Livington. I guess a volunteer from the casa will take him, Matthew and a friend (Angelo) to this town which is 1 hour boat ride away. Not sure what they will do, but I told Todd to get lots of pictures.

I have to admit, I am a little jealous that Todd is on this awesome adventure and I have to go to work tomorrow and get yelled at by customers. HEE HEE HAHA

No comments: