Thursday, August 7, 2008

"When can I come home"?

I just called the "Casa" and talked to Kelly and Matthew.

Matthew asked me, "when can I come home"? I wish that I could have recorded him saying that so that I can play it, over and over, for everyone responsible for completing the adoption.

Kelly told me that he woke up in the middle of the night and asked, "when will my dad come back"? Again, I'd love to have all those responsible for completing the adoption to know this!! From the sound of it, he has had a difficult time since I left last month. He is just as ready to come with us as we are to have him here.

On a positive note, Kelly tells me that he is becoming quite a good swimmer. He is swimming with a life vest but is just about ready to swim without.

Please keep Matthew in your thoughts and prayers!!


Paz,
Todd

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's just cruel to have to wait for so, so long. I think that will make BOTH of our OUTS that much more special. I am praying for you guys every day!

Ana said...

Oh Todd...

Always keeping you, Amber, Patrick, Jillian and Matthew in prayer! I am trusting and believing that Matthew is going to be home soon and you are will have the joys of the every day blessed aggravations and frustrations of a house full of kids! I know you guys are ready and Matthew is too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd and Amber... Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. I know that God has perfect timing and am confident that He knows what he is doing, even if it doesn't make sense to us. He will bring Matthew home soon.