Tuesday, October 7, 2008

File Released to Congressman

Here's the update....

Our USCIS file was released to a reviewer by request of our congressman. We feel confident that the congressman will be able to have this mess fixed very soon and that Matthew will be able to come home.

The most difficult thing in all of this is that the US government is causing the problems, not Guatemala. As far as Guatemala is concerned, Matthew is officially our son and would like us to come get him. The USCIS / Homeland Security will not issue him a citizenship visa and will not allow him in the country. GRRRRRRR.......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thrilled to see that your congressional representative is working for you on this. What a stupid and unfortunate situation. I don't blame you for being disillusioned by the US Government. I signed the online JCICS petition regarding I-600A's this morning, and thought of what you are going through the entire time.

Hugs,
Kris
http://ourjourneytocaleb.blogspot.com

Ana said...

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this mess will be resolved! I am so sorry that all of you have to go through this.

Any word on the Birth Certificate? Hopefully that should be issued soon!

Big hug to all of you. Keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

He will be home soon to his new loving family. I am SO SO SO excited for you both! Buena Suerte!!!

Kristi said...

Praying that Matthew is home soon and this mess is a distant memory!! It's time for all of us to get our kids home.....

Hugs -
Bamagirl

Kim said...

Glad to hear your congressman is working on things. I will keep thinking +++ thoughts for you guys!