Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm Home

There are so many things to share about my trip that I don't know where to begin. The 5 cent version......Matthew is doing well but is ready to come home. He asked me "cuando vamos Estado Unidos?" (when are we going to the United States?)

I cannot say enough positive things about how well organized the orphanage is. As I said to a few of you in an email, had I been an orphan, that's where I would have wanted to be. There is so much love, many activities, and as you can see from the video I posted, an AWESOME school.

The Backpackers Hotel is top notch when it comes to patron relations. A wonderful gal named Becky made me feel like a member of her family and is an asset to the hotel. The best way to describe the hotel is camping on steroids. The rooms are cabin-like and, with a rustic feel, fit the surroundings perfectly.

The town of Fronteras is market oriented with an old-school feel. My favorite part of the town is the view from the top of the bridge on the walk over. I have a couple of pictures of the bridge from the bottom but had some camera problems and did not get a picture from the top.

I have so many other things to mention like Howler monkies, la lanchas, Livingston, Castillo De San Felipe, and Armando (the Guatemalan version of Sam Elliott) but will reserve that for sake of overwhelming you with reading.


VIDEO:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I am going to try to show it to my parents when I got see them today, if I can connect to someeone's wireless lol. They don't have Internet. It looks like oyu had a nice time spending time with Matthew. Looks like everything is coming together! He is very cute! :)