Saturday, November 29, 2008

One Day at a Time

Each day is more challenging (and fun) than the day before. As Amber mentioned in a previous post, our dilemmas are because of all three at the same place at the same time. We just have to learn the best methods for three kids within 16 months of each other.

I took Matthew and Patrick to my wrestling practice the other day and they had a blast. Since Matt is a little guy and Pat is pretty big, I believe that I am preparing my future super light weight (103 lbs.) and heavyweight (216+ lbs.) by taking them with me.

Matthew...he is doing VERY well. His english is growing by the minute (thank you Sponge Bob). On the flip side, he is frightened of ANYONE who speaks spanish to him. Every time someone tries to talk to him in his original language he cries, runs away, and says, " no quiero Guate" (translation: I don't want Guatemala).


Hugs,

Todd

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Todd and Amber -
I really love reading your blog, even more than before. I find Matthew's transition absolutely fascinating. Our son was much younger when he came home, but he exhibits so many of the same things that you are describing - the refusal of Spanish, the nightmares, and of course, the sibling rivalry!!! It is so cool that he can articulate what he is feeling and thinking. Hang in there...no advice, but plenty of prayers and good vibes coming from us!

Kris
http://ourjourneytocaleb.blogspot.com